Mary, called Magdalene achieved the goal of the human experience – to become both fully human and fully divine. In doing so, Mary embodied the Divine Feminine and the Divine Masculine in perfect harmony and it was through this integration that she was able to grasp Jesus’ original teachings of compassion and love and bring them forward into the world.
2000 years ago, the world was not ready for her teachings, but today we are. Join us as we explore the deeper and hidden truths about Mary Magdalene revealed during her time with Jesus: her roles as student, initiate, co-equal partner, wife, facilitator and witness to the resurrection, and the one sent to continue Jesus’ mission of being love in the world.
This Course includes the Magdalene Activation and concludes with the Magdalene Ordination through which you are empowered, through your own unique gifts and passions to fulfill the mission of LOVE in the world.
Created and facilitated by Lauri Ann Lumby, OM, OPM, MATS
This course consists of 6 lessons, plus the welcome, with several activities within each lesson. With these activities, 2000 years of untruths will be exposed so that the truth can be revealed. Activities will include meditation, reflection and writing exercises. You will need yourself, a notebook or journal, writing utensil and access to an online music source. Several music meditations are included in the course.
Lesson One: Fully Awakened
- Activity One: What we’ve been led to believe
- Music and reflective reading meditations
- Activity Two: Lesson – What the stories really say
- Activity Three: Magdalene Activation
- Your own direct encounter with the Magdalene
- Lesson One Wrap up and Integration
Lesson Two: Adoration
- Activity One: Being vs. Doing
- Reflective Reading meditation
- Activity Two: Lesson – Being vs. Doing, Bhakti yoga
- Activity Three: Practice of Adoration
- Adoration meditation and/or Kirtan
- Lesson Two Wrap up and Integration
Lesson Three: Priestess
- Activity One: Immersing ourselves in Mary’s story
- Immersion Meditation
- Activity Two: Lesson – Mary Magdalene as Priestess
- Activity Three: Make your own oil of anointing
- Lesson Three Wrap up and Integration
Lesson Four: Devoted Witness/ Wife?
- Activity One: Immersion Meditation
- In the Garden of Gethsemane with Mary
- Activity Two: Reflective Reading Meditation
- Mary never left his side.
- Activity Three: Lesson – Mary Magdalene as Devoted Witness
- Activity Four: Immersion Meditation
- Mary at Jesus’ trial, crucifixion, death and burial.
- Lesson Four Wrap up and Integration
Lesson Five: Apostle to the Apostles
- Activity One: Critical reading and reflection
- Activity Two: Lesson – Mary Magdalene as Apostle to the Apostles
- Activity Three: Immersion Meditation
- Being Mary at the Tomb
- Lesson Five Wrap up and Integration
Session Six: Order of the Magdalene
- Introduction and preparation for your Magdalene ordination
- Activity One: Gathering the Legends of the Magdalene
- Music meditation
- Activity Two: The Gospel of Mary, Introduction
- Activity Three: The Gospel of Mary text and meditation
- Activity Four: Discerning and Accepting the Call of the Magdalene
- Activity Five: Writing your Vows
- Activity Six: Ordination Ceremony
- Course Wrap up and Final Words